Definición de ferret en inglés:
- Fishers are among the least understood of the weasel family, or mustelids, which also includes martens, minks, ermines, ferrets, badgers, otters, and wolverines.
- Europeans arrived in the early 1800s, bringing with them mustelids (stoats, ferrets, and weasels), cats, and two more species of rats.
- While most of us are all too willing to cuddle guinea pigs, rabbits, gerbils, pet mice and even ferrets, brown rats produce a reaction of almost universal revulsion.
- Protecting endangered species, such as rare ferrets from birds of prey is another, wrote the researchers.
- The black-footed ferret has come a long way since the late 1970s, when many people feared that it was extinct.
- While domestic ferrets are common pets, black-footed ferrets, are one of North America's most endangered mammals.
verbo (ferrets, ferreting, ferreted)Volver al principio
- Their excuse, said Mr Evans, was that they were visiting Cumbria for rabbiting and ferreting - an implausible explanation at a time when people were not allowed on to farmland because of the foot-and-mouth epidemic.
- James has kindly offered to induct me into the wiles and ways of the shooting gent, starting with an invitation to go ferreting for rabbits.
- I just ferreted this hole as I wanted to find out where all the bolt holes were before I gassed it, and as I had the nets in my pocket I thought ...why not!
- We ferreted several warrens, and thus several breeding groups, in each capture area.
- I looked down at the little ashtray on his gold coloured hostess trolley, two lonely pound coins looked back up at me, so i ferreted around in my pocket for something smaller.
- But one night, a woolly-hatted youth ferreted around in the skip and extracted the ancient rucksack.
- Katherine and Kyla ferreted around the racks looking for good clothes.
- Even if you don't like the story, you have to respect his sheer investigative skill in ferreting it out.
- But Sid wasn't really the type that offered up information easily, preferring to have his barmates ferret it out of him.
- If there's a story that has any connection with the Super Bowl, it will be ferreted out by 3,000 newspaper, radio and TV people.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- When the ferreter slips his charge into the warren and watches it slide into the darkness, his face is full of a tender anxiety and an eager prayer for success.
- Any ferreter will tell you about the rabbits that have slipped through nets or used undiscovered bolt holes.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The main purveyor is the ferrety Draco Malfoy, who brings a particularly Aryan look to his baleful glare and assorted discriminations.
- Taylor plays him with ferrety frowns and twitchy fingers.
- The weaselish ferrety damage coincides all too well with Sporkenbobble's plans.
Latin fur ‘thief’ is the root of ferret, which entered English from Old French fuiret. Ferrets are known for stealing birds' eggs, and this was probably why they got their name.
Palabras que riman con ferretinherit, merit
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.