- A pagan religious system of some agricultural societies in which seasonal rites are performed with the aim of ensuring good harvests and the future well-being of the community.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Known variously as gwandusu, gwandenw, or jomogoniw, sculptures of this type served as religious icons in a fertility cult that is widely dispersed among the Bamana.
- Historians have suggested that they were a key element in a fertility cult and have interpreted the curious lines (that link the beautifully drawn beasts to small human forms) as lines of power.
- This, as an anthropologist friend pointed out to me later, indicated the existence of a fertility cult that has its roots in antiquity.
Más definiciones de fertility cultDefinición de fertility cult en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional