Definición de festoon en inglés:
1A chain or garland of flowers, leaves, or ribbons, hung in a curve as a decoration.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Houses are decorated with colourful festoons, stars and cut-outs depicting the Lord Jesus' life and, of course, the quintessential Christmas tree.
- Non-biodegradable plastic festoons would decorate the medians and would pose an adventurous journey for road users.
- On this, the Swarovski crystal and pearls are strung like a festoon of flowers, with hanging clusters terminating in big pieces of aqua quartz.
1.1A carved or molded ornament representing a festoon.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The mold-blown scallop shell vase in Plate XIII is decorated with festoons reminiscent of Phoenician glass.
- At the centre of the front of Croker's enormous sideboard is a carved vase full of flowers flanked by great seaweedy festoons of fruit, flowers and foliage.
- The painted body of the stately Beekman coach is adorned with the family's coat of arms, crest, and applied floral festoons.
verbo[with object] (often be festooned with) Volver al principio
Adorn (a place) with ribbons, garlands, or other decorations: the room was festooned with balloons and streamers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Today, the roundabouts are festooned with decorations and blue and yellow lights.
- The hall was lined with great columns down both sides, and the whole area was festooned with banners and garlands of flowers.
- The immediate area is festooned with posters calling for the clean-up.
Mid 17th century: from French feston, from Italian festone 'festal ornament', from festum 'feast'.
Palabras que riman con festoonafternoon, attune, autoimmune, baboon, balloon, bassoon, bestrewn, boon, Boone, bridoon, buffoon, Cameroon, Cancún, cardoon, cartoon, Changchun, cocoon, commune, croon, doubloon, dragoon, dune, galloon, goon, harpoon, hoon, immune, importune, impugn, Irgun, jejune, June, Kowloon, lagoon, lampoon, loon, macaroon, maroon, monsoon, moon, Muldoon, noon, oppugn, picayune, platoon, poltroon, pontoon, poon, prune, puccoon, raccoon, Rangoon, ratoon, rigadoon, rune, saloon, Saskatoon, Sassoon, Scone, soon, spittoon, spoon, swoon, Troon, tune, tycoon, typhoon, Walloon
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda