- A congenital syndrome caused by excessive consumption of alcohol by the mother during pregnancy, characterized by retardation of mental development and of physical growth, particularly of the skull and face of the infant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Also avoid alcohol during pregnancy because babies with fetal alcohol syndrome often have congenital heart defects.
- Excessive alcohol use during pregnancy can cause fetal alcohol syndrome, a constellation of growth retardation, facial deformities, and central nervous system dysfunction.
- Adverse effects for children of women who use alcohol and tobacco include fetal alcohol syndrome, birth defects, growth deficits, developmental disabilities, and learning disorders.
Más definiciones de fetal alcohol syndromeDefinición de fetal alcohol syndrome en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional