- Of or characterized by fibers or fibrous tissue.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The researchers hypothesize that the underexpression of these genes in uterine fibroids might explain why fibroid tissue does not contract, but instead, grows abnormally.
- Only one of 200 fibroid line tumors may be cancerous.
- In the study, researchers used a technique known as microarray analysis to determine the activity levels of genes in fibroid tumors.
sustantivoMedicine Volver al principio
- A benign tumor of muscular and fibrous tissues, typically developing in the wall of the uterus.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Uterine fibroids are benign tumours developing from the smooth muscles of the uterine wall which can grow at times to as large as 15 cm or more.
- This blockage causes fibroid muscle cells to degenerate and form scar tissue, which causes fibroids to shrink.
- The painful, heavy periods can be caused by a variety of conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, chronic pelvic infections, and adhesions.
Más definiciones de fibroidDefinición de fibroid en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional