Definición de fibroma en inglés:
sustantivo (plural fibromas or fibromata /-mətə/)Medicine
A benign fibrous tumor of connective tissue.
- Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.
- Sebaceous cysts, fibromas, papillomas, adenomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, and melanomas also have been reported.
- Desmoplastic fibroma is generally classified as a benign tumor and has not been shown to metastasize.
- Example sentences
- Fibrosarcoma of the ovary is a rare tumor that is considered to arise de novo or secondary to benign fibromatous tumors.
- The stroma is most commonly scant but may be prominent and can occasionally be fibromatous, edematous, or myxoid.
- Histopathology demonstrated glands that were neither crowded nor complex, with intervening fibromatous stroma that contained occasional endometrial stromal cells.