- 1 • informal A person who plays the violin, especially one who plays folk music.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I have a recording of a very attractive violin concerto with fiddler Louis Kaufman and Bernard Herrmann conducting.
- All young whistlers, flautists, fiddlers and other musicians are invited to play a few tunes in what should be an informal and uncompetitive setting.
- The next week they toured Europe with a Bartok third quartet that had virtuoso fiddlers agape with admiration.
- 2British • informal A person who cheats or swindles, especially one indulging in petty theft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A dole fiddler uses benefit fraud to finance her passion for buying shoes.
- What a fiddler Keith is - he thinks he won't be caught but Keith is gonna end up in court.
Old English fithelere, from fithele (see fiddle).
Más definiciones de fiddlerDefinición de fiddler en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional