Definición de fighting words en inglés:
1Words indicating a willingness to fight or challenge someone.
- Translation: This six-letter word is fighting talk.
- Still to come, it's a war of words and the Democrats are studying those fighting words.
- ‘We're in mourning - leave us alone,’ he begged, before finding his voice and a vocabulary of fighting words.
1.1US Words expressing an insult, especially of an ethnic, racial, or sexist nature.
- But there was no need to touch someone you wanted to insult - you could utter fighting words instead.
- So why would ‘Black girl ‘yelled across a schoolyard become fighting words for me?’
- In the presence of fighting words, the manly form of behavior was not turning the other cheek, but rather an immediate and aggressive physical response.
Definición de fighting words en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary