- 1A quantity of material that fills or is used to fill something: a cushion with polyester fillingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Moreover, its production creates less than half the greenhouse gases normally generated in producing synthetic fillings for duvets and pillows.
- ‘It was a fur covered pillow that had a soft fuzzy filling,’ writes one guy.
- Similarly, sofas and chairs should be selected with a conscientious eye - those filled with natural fibres such as feathers and down are favoured over synthetic fillings.
- 1.1A piece of material used to fill a cavity in a tooth: a gold fillingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Silver remains the substance of choice for the majority of fillings in permanent teeth.
- Mouth ulcers are common and are usually due to trauma such as from ill fitting dentures, fractured teeth, or fillings.
- Tiny grooves may need to be cut into remaining teeth or fillings, so that the denture clips into a firm position.
- 1.2An edible substance placed between the layers of a sandwich, cake, or other foodstuff: a Swiss roll with a chocolate fillingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Layers, fillings, stuffings - these are the elements of impressive party food.
- The sandwich fillings will certainly come as welcome relief to those of you that can't face another tired cheese sandwich.
- Dry the sheets and layer the filling between them.
- 1.3North American another term for weft1.
adjetivoVolver al principio
- (Of food) leaving one with a pleasantly satiated feeling: a filling spicy bean soupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The only space left, after that mountain of filling food, is for a couple of cocktails at Middlesex.
- I grew up on a filling diet of traditional handmade Italian food cooked by my father, and learned to make such dishes myself.
- As delicious as it was, it was by no means a filling dish.