sustantivo (plural igual)
A monetary unit of Iraq, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, and Yemen, equal to one hundredth of a riyal in Yemen and one thousandth of a dinar elsewhere.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You can cross the creek on a dhow-ferry which costs 50 fils or 9p.
- Diesel prices rise by 30 fils for second time in a month.
- The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) announced last year plans to increase the cost of crossing the creek by traditional motor boat from 50 fils to Dh1 by January 1.
Palabras que riman con filsanis, apiece, Berenice, caprice, cassis, cease, coulisse, crease, Dumfries, fleece, geese, grease, Greece, kris, lease, Lucrece, MacNeice, Matisse, McAleese, Nice, niece, obese, peace, pelisse, police, Rees, Rhys, set piece, sublease, surcease, two-piece, underlease
Used after a surname to distinguish a son from a father of the same name: Alexandre Dumas fils Compare with père.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From about age 6 to 16, Chapman fils accompanied his father during many trips.
- Klein fils is a Brown graduate who worked as a newspaper reporter, at the Virginian-Pilot the Baltimore Sun, and The Wall Street Journal, before moving onto the Washington Post.
- Brueghel fils may never have reached the heights of his dad, but his Kermesse of St George (estimated at £2.5m- £3.5m) should still make a pleasing stocking-filler.
Late 19th century: French, literally 'son'.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda