- After passing through a filter, the oil and fuel mixture is put into the vehicle's fuel tank to be burned as fuel.
- Despite manufacturer claims, ozone filters don't remove particles from the air, including those that cause most allergies.
- And you have to run the car to make the oil hot before you drain the oil and take the filter off.
- This been accomplished by the use of filters and filter ventilation, modified cigarette paper and modified forms of tobacco and tobacco blends.
- You'd think that not having to add a filter would make the cigarette cheaper, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
- The filters attach to cigarettes and gradually reduce the amount of nicotine consumed.
- As a serious photography project, this is one time you do not need wide angle lenses, special filters or off camera flash guns.
- Digital cameras can also mount filters, auxiliary lenses and polarizers allowing you to meet any photographic challenge you might come across with.
- A screen on the light box filters out ultraviolet rays.
- Passive components are capacitors, resistors, connectors, filters, inductors, and oscillators.
- Product groups include passive and electromechanical components, capacitors, resistive products, ferrites, fuses, inductors and filters.
- An electronic filter prevents frequencies from reaching the speakers that are not supposed to receive them.
- While half the respondents have Internet access, only a third use software filters to block racy or undesirable Web sites.
- Most search engines have duplication filters in effect that look past formatting changes and do a very good job of detecting duplicate content.
- That will speed up download times and should allow software filters to be reinstalled, to the relief of teachers and parents.
- Other drivers have shown me of their mastery of the finer computer games by their willingness to travel at speeds outside of the law and by the use of filter lanes to avoid stopping.
- In another country I know well an inexpensive and very efficient system is to use a filter which enables traffic to keep on the move and cuts down on frustration and exhaust fumes which here are pretty bad.
- The Pontiac was travelling north along Bonnet Creek Road in the left-hand filter lane while the Ford van was travelling south on the inside lane, according to police in Florida.
- The new one is lighter, can filter unnecessary noise, and is more durable.
- Fish sauce is what you get when you leave anchovies or similar small fish to pickle in brine until nearly dissolved, and then filter the resulting liquid.
- His ears filtered the sounds around him, alerting his mind only when a familiar sound crossed his path.
- With a sigh she looked up, propping her head on one hand and watching dust motes dance in the rays of sunlight filtering down from above.
- As the morning passed, and the sun rose higher in the sky, dappled rays of sunlight filtered through the dense canopy of the jungle, creating dancing patterns on the floor.
- Only faint rays of sunlight filtered through the thick leaves overhead.
- Gradually the news filtered through that the latest incidents were nowhere near as bad as the bombings a fortnight ago.
- While there has been no word from her, the woman believes information will filter through to the foreign country she is living in.
- Then the information filtered through to East End Park that Gary Holt had been called up to the international squad.
- Some of you said we're overplaying the privacy concerns involved in trusting ISPs or managed services providers to filter malicious messages from email traffic.
- There's really no good reason to get caught out: simply filtering executable attachments from emails will guard against this virus.
- Of course, users may be tempted to filter all server error messages, but that's not a reliable solution because doing so would also block legitimate mail server error messages.
Late Middle English (denoting a piece of felt): from French filtre, from medieval Latin filtrum 'felt used as a filter', related to felt1.
Palabras que riman con filterkilter, philtre (US philter), quilter, tilter
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: fil·ter
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.