- 1The line of positions from which gunfire is directed at targets.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Try placing your body parallel to the firing line and practice engaging target from both sides of your body.
- First, we moved the tower close to the firing line so that the range officer in charge could influence the firing line if a problem occurred.
- How many times had I qualified with my M - 16 and made sure the chamber was empty before leaving the firing line?
- 1.1The front line of troops in a battle.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When their own generation was on the firing line, in Vietnam, both men ardently supported the war - but disdained to fight in it.
- It speculates that the move was in order to get the troops out of the firing line should it decide to mount attacks on the country's nuclear facilities.
- The troops methodically march up to the firing line in columns and blast away at each other.
- 1.2A position where one is subject to criticism or blame because of one’s responsibilities or position: the referee in the firing line is an experienced officialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Being in the firing line, of course, makes the fast-food chains do their best to fit in with the local culture, adapting the menu and the marketing to reflect local tastes and concerns.
- In the firing line is the museum's director, a former Financial Times journalist appointed in 2001.
- Next in the firing line would be those who change their positions to make life easier on themselves.
Más definiciones de firing lineDefinición de firing line en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional