Definición de firing line en inglés:
1The line of positions from which gunfire is directed at targets.
- Try placing your body parallel to the firing line and practice engaging target from both sides of your body.
- First, we moved the tower close to the firing line so that the range officer in charge could influence the firing line if a problem occurred.
- How many times had I qualified with my M - 16 and made sure the chamber was empty before leaving the firing line?
1.1The front line of troops in a battle.
- When their own generation was on the firing line, in Vietnam, both men ardently supported the war - but disdained to fight in it.
- It speculates that the move was in order to get the troops out of the firing line should it decide to mount attacks on the country's nuclear facilities.
- The troops methodically march up to the firing line in columns and blast away at each other.
1.2A position where one is subject to criticism or blame because of one’s responsibilities or position: the referee in the firing line is an experienced official
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Being in the firing line, of course, makes the fast-food chains do their best to fit in with the local culture, adapting the menu and the marketing to reflect local tastes and concerns.
- In the firing line is the museum's director, a former Financial Times journalist appointed in 2001.
- Next in the firing line would be those who change their positions to make life easier on themselves.
Definición de firing line en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan