- 1A family considered to rank first in social prestige or pedigree in a particular place.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If, as they say, Christmas is a time for family, then the first family of Celtic music in Alberta, The McDades, is doing it up right.
- It was also a way of establishing the lineage of the country's first families, since the length of time one's family had occupied the land often became a measure of status.
- As a Randolph, Nancy belonged to a first family of Virginia.
- 1.1The family of the president of the US or of the governor of a US state, or of the chief executive of another political unit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Heading the Houston entourage are, of course, first family members - former President and first lady George and Barbara Bush and Neil and Maria Bush, who are bunking at the White House.
- We're very close to the first family and to the governor of California.
- The President and first family had been moved immediately again to a secure holding facility in an underground location and so would be able to survive whatever the madman had planned.