1The wife of the president of the US or other head of state.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- And we leave you know with a picture of the president and the first lady returning to the South Lawn of the White House.
- And you don't think, therefore, the president or the first lady owe us an explanation of this at all.
- The president and the first lady should be the chief guests.
1.1 (usually first lady) The leading woman in a particular activity or profession: the first lady of rock
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The first lady of underground rock is always a welcome presence on the music scene, but there's nothing here she hasn't done before and better.
- The rest of the ride is the sort of reflective, acoustic rock that will probably see her hailed as the new first lady of folk, but her appeal should be more wide-ranging.
Definición de First Lady en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda