Definición de first name en inglés:
A personal name given to someone at birth or baptism and used before a family name.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He might have seized power in a military coup and immediately cancelled elections, but hey, he's a first-name kind of guy.
- In 1959 he converted to Roman Catholicism and adopted the first name Léonard in recognition of his admiration for Leonardo da Vinci.
- His first name was originally William, but he adopted ‘Walt’ in about 1900.
on a first-name basis
- Having a friendly and informal relationship: an amateur ecologist who is on a first-name basis with most reptilesMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We are on first-name terms with many of the staff, who have been great and there are some really big personalities among them.
- I find it so much more pleasant to work with people on first-name terms.
- He is on first-name terms with every national newspaper editor, goes on holiday with the present editor of The Sun, and counts television executives and celebrities among his impeccable social contacts.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán