- 1The first mate on a merchant ship.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In March 2001, the first officer of the cruise ship Caledonian Star saw a wave that chilled his soul.
- The ship's first officer was asleep on his hammock, clutching something close to his chest.
- His dad, Tom, now in his eighties, started off in the Navy as an able-bodied seaman, but worked his way up to become a first officer in the Admiralty.
- 1.1The second in command to the captain on an aircraft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Plans call for hiring three captains, two first officers and three flight attendants per aircraft.
- According to post-accident interviews, neither the captain nor the first officer of those two flight legs noticed anything unusual about the airplane.
- Later he worked for Pan Am as a first officer, flight engineer and navigator.
Más definiciones de first officerDefinición de first officer en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional