- 1A fisherman.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- His traditional roots show as he weaves tales from life as it was for Canada's early settlers, hunters, fishers, explorers and adventurers.
- He and his band have been hunters, fishers and farmers.
- These offer information about shifting shoals, sandbars and such that can be critical for boaters and productive for fishers.
- 2A large brown marten valued for its fur, found in North American woodland where it frequently preys on porcupines. Also called pekan.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Martes pennanti, family Mustelidae
- The bear, wolf, coyote, fisher, wolverine, otter, and lynx prey upon the beaver who is, nevertheless, a powerful antagonist when at bay.
- Bobcats, wolverines, and fishers, that know how to flip the animal on its back and expose its unprotected underside, are the most adept at killing porcupines.
- This was the kind of place fishers like: a closed canopy, a supply of dead standing trees to make dens in, and plenty of trees of different heights and deadwood on the ground, where a hungry fisher might find prey.
Old English fiscere 'fisherman', of Germanic origin; related to Dutch visser and German Fischer, also to fish1.
Más definiciones de fisherDefinición de fisher en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional