Definición de flag-waving en inglés:
The expression of patriotism in a populist and emotional way: what began as jingoistic flag-waving deteriorated into an international crisis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As the war looms closer warmongering propagandists will step up their flag-waving jingoism and attacks on so called ‘traitors’.
- And, no doubt, she would find flag-waving during a Democrat Administration perfectly acceptable.
- These emblems of today's cult of passive suffering are at the opposite end of the emotional spectrum from traditional patriotic flag-waving.
- Example sentences
- Here are the flag-wavers who felt patriotic enough to reply.
- It's easy to be a flag-waver and to be patriotic and to support the troops when you're in the initial attack phase and it looks like you may have only a two-week war.
- As I'm sure you know, I love the country but am no flag-waver.
Definición de flag-waving en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan