Definición de flash over en inglés:
1Make an electric circuit by sparking across a gap.
- The theory here is that the primer flashes over the small powder charge and causes it to detonate.
- An arc then flashes over between these electrodes 24 and 13, giving rise to ionization and pressurization.
- If the voltage is high enough, the insulator flashes over causing a short circuit of the system.
1.1(Of a fire) spread instantly across a gap because of intense heat.
- Once the fire flashed over the side station, it quickly enveloped the deli restaurant, feeding on the combustible interior finishes and furnishings.
- At about 4 p.m., the fire ‘flashed over’ and the buildings erupted in a mass of flame, trapping some staff on upper floors.
- When the driver lifted the engine cover he provided the oxygen that was lacking and the fire ‘flashed over’ and spread quickly through the bus.
Definición de flash over en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary