Definición de flea en inglés:
1A small wingless jumping insect that feeds on the blood of mammals and birds. It sometimes transmits diseases through its bite, including plague and myxomatosis.
- Order Siphonaptera: several families and many species, including the human flea (Pulex irritans) and the cat flea (Ctenocephalides felis)
- Plague mostly affected rodents, but fleas could transmit the disease to people too.
- Plague is transmitted by fleas that live on rodents.
- It put poison in his blood that killed fleas after one bite.
1.1 short for flea beetle.
a flea in one's ear
- A sharp reproof: she expected to be sent away with a flea in her earMás ejemplos en oraciones
- And if anybody asks when we will be having children they will go away with a flea in their ear.
- ‘He was sent away with a flea in his ear,’ said one Labour backbencher.
- A few weeks ago at another tournament in England, such assumptions saw one mouthy opponent dispatched with a flea in his ear.
Definición de flea en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary