A fly that breeds in carrion, typically producing live young that are deposited on a carcass.
- Family Sarcophagidae: Sarcophaga and other genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A similar lack of cycling has been reported in the adult head of the flesh fly.
- This dung or carrion mimicry attracts flesh flies, rove beetles, and even mosquitoes, all of which have been observed with pollen on them.
- What was decomposing the carcasses, given the total absence of fossils of the larger flies, such as flesh flies and blowflies (whose larvae, which we call maggots, feed on carrion)?
Definición de flesh fly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional