- 1Nonsensical or insincere talk: I suppose that you suspect me of pseudointellectual flimflamMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The most longstanding, and perhaps easiest, criticism of these fantasies is that they are unreal - mere flimflam or tinsel, designed to distract, and so dupe, the purchaser of the fantasy.
- As the interviewer made clear in the interview, the number is itself the product of a little numerical flimflam.
- All they need do is drop me an e-mail every time an under-sub-deputy-director of flimflam convenes a background briefing.
- 1.1A confidence game: flimflams perpetrated against us by our elected officialsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ratliff quietly casts shame upon the walking dead of Trinity by allowing for gray area and trusting that his audience is keen enough to know a flimflam when it sees one.
- Let's start with the fact that none of the flimflam men behind the high-level financial swindles will have to do any time behind bars.
- Is he a flimflam artist who talked about reducing government while actually expanding it?
verbo (flimflams, flimflamming, flimflammed)[with object] Volver al principio
- Swindle (someone) with a confidence game: the tribe was flimflammed out of its landMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This time, she accused him of flimflamming the country.
- And I'm far from the only one who has been flimflammed by articulate, accomplished candidates who turned out to be psychotic, fascist, or just plain useless even before the ink was dry on their personnel forms.
- But the only thing these people got for their effort - and their money - was flimflammed.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Our captains should be leading by example; but instead, they have shown themselves as a clique of charlatans, flimflammers and parasites, funding their hypocritical debauchery at society's expense.
- Since these flimflammers had already profited enormously from the earlier bailout, the industry feared that an outraged public might demand that the industry itself foot the bill for this retroactive giveaway.
- The real crime, in one Judge's opinion, is that the flimflammers and fakers often kneecap the faith of those simply seeking something greater than themselves in which to believe.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Such underworld flimflammery is exciting, and unlike the average, four-hour Oscar telecast, these alternative awards ‘are seldom boring.’
- BusinessWeek recently ran a cover story on the financial flimflammery of the dot-coms, which has been exposed in the collapse.
- But enough of my temporally challenged flimflammery: suffice it to tell you that the only new word I learned this year was bling and its variant bling-bling.
mid 16th century: symbolic reduplication.
Más definiciones de flimflamDefinición de flimflam en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional