- Just about all the staff are very conservative, good church-going types - and I stick out like a purple goat in a flock of white-washed sheep.
- Yohanna climbed the path over the mountain, and there at the crest in the middle of a flock of sheep and goats, stood Yusef and David, tending three donkeys laden with packs.
- They also run a flock of early lambing sheep and a small suckler cow herd.
- Thereafter people came in flocks to carve caves to express their belief in the Buddhas.
- The gate to the king's manor didn't stop swinging for a moment; they came in flocks and droves, from east and west, both riding and walking.
- I could surrender everything to the Lord - my dear wife and children, my congregation as a dear flock, the seminary and its staff.
- A Newbold church is packing its pews with a new flock of Asian Christians thanks to the multi-lingual skills of the curate.
- And he has urged his flock to contemplate their Christian response and ‘reflect with the eyes of faith on the big issues of the day.’
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- He was the bird and the other birds flocking to the tree were the souls he would save by establishing a Church here.
- At certain times of the day, small birds flock to these branches, chattering and fluttering, as if this were a festive occasion.
- Elegant flamingos and other birds flock to Chilika in the winter.
Old English flocc, of unknown origin. The original sense was 'a band or body of people': this became obsolete, but has been reintroduced as a transferred use of the sense 'a number of animals kept together'.
Palabras que riman con flockad hoc, amok, Bangkok, baroque, belle époque, bloc, block, bock, brock, chock, chock-a-block, clock, doc, dock, floc, frock, hock, hough, interlock, jock, knock, langue d'oc, lock, Locke, Médoc, mock, nock, o'clock, pock, post hoc, roc, rock, schlock, shock, smock, sock, Spock, stock, wok, yapok
sustantivo[often as modifier]
- All excess flock fibers are automatically collected and recycled back to the dispensing hopper.
- In considering the diagnosis of flock worker's lung, the symptom profile is crucial in raising clinical suspicion.
- Those results are consistent with Schillaci's findings and support our flock composition results.
- But the very existence of Michelin-starred Indian restaurants may signal the death knell of flock wall-paper, lager and an onion bhaji.
- The hall was decorated in green flock paper, and was furnished with a modern two layer bronze and teak tripod table.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.