Definición de fluoridate en inglés:
Add traces of fluorides to (something, especially a water supply): (as adjective fluoridated) fluoridated toothpaste
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- When water is fluoridated, chemicals that release fluoride are added to the water.
- Toothpastes may contain ‘stannous fluoride,’ and municipal water supplies are often fluoridated.
- You should also supervise your young child's toothbrushing sessions to make sure that he doesn't swallow toothpaste or other fluoridated products.
1940s: back-formation from earlier fluoridation.
- Example sentences
- In addition to fluoridation of water supplies, toothpaste and mouthwash also contain added fluoride.
- Fluoride used in water fluoridation is a poison, a toxic by-product of the fertiliser industry.
- In 35 years of fluoridation no Irish Government has ever established our total daily fluoride intake from all sources.
Pronunciación: /ˌflo͝orəˈdāSHən, ˌflôr-/sustantivo
Definición de fluoridate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan