- 1Moving or able to move through the air with wings: a flying antMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For example, a long history of hanging webs would mean spiders have been influencing the evolution of flying insects for millions of years.
- Flight-line personnel moved from OMS into the tactical flying squadrons.
- His name is Rocky, and he is a flying rooster from America who has escaped from a circus.
- 1.1Done while hurling oneself through the air: he took a flying kick at a policemanMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Finally he launches himself into a flying rugby tackle and vanishes from view.
- She launched herself in a flying tackle at Ian's midriff, knocking the wind out of him and sending the two to the ground.
- I was innocently walking with my friend, when Stephen ran at me from behind, jumped up, and gave me a tremendous flying kick in the back.
- 1.2Moving rapidly, especially through the air: one passenger was cut by flying glassMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A couple of people suffered minor cuts from flying glass, but it was at the end of the night so there were not many people there.
- She dodged the flying body and kicked Lars hard enough to crush his skull.
- The close-quarter action photography with gristle and bone is spliced with dizzy shots of flying masonry launched by ginormous trebuchets.
- 1.3Hasty; brief: a flying visitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- On Saturday, on his return from his brief and much publicised flying visit home to England, he repeated the message to a higher authority.
- This unexpected visitor began to arrive at Mary Forde's home last week and after a flying visit in and out has now decided to set up home permanently.
- I shall never forget that first flying visit to Dresden.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Flight, especially in an aircraft: she hates flyingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Joe was a TWA pilot and Rick flew corporate aircraft so flying must be in the Barker family genes.
- Model aircraft flying is a training ground for serious pilots and the Lismore club has spawned a number of full time aviators.
- ‘For me and for most cadets, the first challenge of the training is solo flying,’ Tu said.
with flying colors
- With distinction: Sylvia had passed her exams with flying colorsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Michael told me that he was sure I would pass all my exams with flying colors.
- I'm sure she'll navigate the negative backlash with flying colors.
- They had some big decisions to make this year, and came through with flying colors.