sustantivo (plural fodies)
A songbird of the weaver family occurring in Madagascar and islands in the Indian Ocean, the male of which typically has mainly red plumage.
- Genus Foudia, family Ploceidae: several species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Whilst the fodies have attracted much conservation and research effort, the blue pigeons have not.
- The native fodies may also face competition from the Madagascar fody, which has been introduced to Mauritius.
- When adult terns are disturbed, the fody tips the egg from its branch onto the ground to smash it and then eats it.
a local word.
Definición de fody en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional