Definición de foment en inglés:
1Instigate or stir up (an undesirable or violent sentiment or course of action): they accused him of fomenting political unrest
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The working class must reject all such attempts to foment nationalist sentiments in the name of defending the welfare state.
- But by the same token, it's not a good thing for them to be fomenting world opinion against us either.
- Most people can sense a ‘grand design’ to bring Indonesia to its knees by fomenting violence and unrest across the archipelago.
2 archaic Bathe (a part of the body) with warm or medicated lotions.
- Foment the limb with cloths immersed in a strong decoction of hops, and repeat two or three times a day.
- The ear may likewise be fomented with steams of warm water, or flannel bags filled with boiled mallows and camomile flowers may be applied to it warm.
- Example sentences
- And here are the American fomenters of disorder.
- Crass never went about anything in an orthodox manner during their tenure as fomenters of dissent from 1977 to 1984.
- On the other, they have seen them as fomenters of sectarian discord in what should be the united Arab nation.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan