- 1The action of instigating or stirring up undesirable sentiment or actions.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In his memoirs, Joseph Holt recalled the fomentation of what was to become the Castle Hill rebellion.
- More than any military operation, this kind of power projection works against the fomentation of militant hatred towards them.
- The reasons for the fomentation of militancy have been spectacularly perpetuated by your very own government.
- 2 • archaic A poultice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Peat baths and peat fomentations have been used since the beginning of time to alleviate pain and disease.
- Hot fomentations would give great relief, but did not give sufficient rest to the joint to permit of a cure.
- There is an art to folding and making fomentations work right.
late Middle English: from late Latin fomentatio(n-), from the verb fomentare (see foment).
Más definiciones de fomentationDefinición de fomentation en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional