- Objects or materials that are likely to carry infection, such as clothes, utensils, and furniture.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Transmission by virus-contaminated hands or fomites is less likely.
- Moreover, they may contaminate fomites that can transmit the disease to persons who do not have direct contact with the animals.
- Transmission is by person to person and fomites, such as bedding and clothing.
early 19th century: from Latin, plural of fomes, literally 'kindling wood, tinder'.
Más definiciones de fomitesDefinición de fomites en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional