(also forastero tree)
sustantivo (plural forasteros)
- A cacao tree of a widely grown variety that provides the bulk of the world’s cocoa beans.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There is one variety of forastero that is considered a flavour cacao, which is the Nacional or Arriba cacao grown in Ecuador.
- Because a forastero tree produces far more cocoa beans than a criollo, 90% of the world's chocolate is made of forastero beans.
- Among them, there are the mechanisms of assimilation of forasteros into the communities of residence, the tensions involved in internal migrations, the power struggles within an indigenous society, and the impact of local political histories on the undermining of colonial authority during the years leading to the pan-Andean insurrections of the early 1780s.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'foreign', because the tree was imported into Venezuela from the West Indies, as distinct from the criollo or native variety.
Más definiciones de forasteroDefinición de forastero en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional