- 1Obtained or imposed by coercion or physical power: the brutal regime of forced laborMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But the Police Reform Act 2002 had added in the power to require the forced resignation of a chief constable.
- We would probably not today know of police coercion, brutality, forced confessions and rigged trials.
- The French set up a bureaucracy to administer the colony and collected taxes and requisitioned forced labor.
- 1.1(Of a gesture or expression) produced or maintained with effort; affected or unnatural: a forced smileMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There are some very forced and unnatural interpretations in this book.
- The people you meet there are all the same too, and underneath the forced smiles and jaded handshakes you detect great reservoirs of boredom.
- It took a second, and a forced effort, for everything to come back into focus.
- 1.2(Of a plant) having its development or maturity artificially hastened.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After you enjoy your forced bulbs one year, plant them into your garden to bloom the following year.
- Among the most commonly forced bulb flowers are amaryllis, paper-white narcissus, muscari and hyacinths.
- It's also possible to buy professionally forced bulb flowers in the spring to add to your containers.
- A fast march by soldiers, typically over a long distance.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Young soldiers practiced field firing and went on six-kilometer double-time forced marches in full combat gear in mountainous terrain.
- He's a wiry, medium-size man, with a spiky two-week growth of beard and the hollow-eyed stare of a soldier on a long forced march.
- This was not a forced march of compliant soldiers doing their duty.