- Happening or produced every two weeks: a fortnightly bulletinMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Caroni's problems will not be solved by government paying wages, salaries and sums due to cane farmers and others involved in the industry on a fortnightly basis, as happened last week Friday.
- He said he worried about what would happen to medical waste now the authority has switched to fortnightly pick-ups of household refuse.
- The changes, as with the introduction of fortnightly collections in York, are intended to encourage recycling, with garden waste being collected every other week instead of ordinary household rubbish.
adverbioVolver al principio
- Every two weeks: evening classes will run fortnightlyMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Defending the council's street cleaning provision, environment spokesman Councillor Colin Hall said roads were inspected on a weekly basis and the council aimed to clean all streets fortnightly.
- Whenever he got paid fortnightly he would clear the tab.
- Don't forget to liquid fertilise the seedlings fortnightly using half strength liquid fertiliser.
sustantivo (plural fortnightlies)Volver al principio
- A magazine or similar publication issued every two weeks.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most major cities have daily and weekly newspapers; in all, there are 20 dailies, 35 weeklies, 33 fortnightlies, 152 monthlies, and 111 quarterlies.
- Weeklies and fortnightlies that started as literary magazines slowly fell into the groove as they became commercially unviable.
- In the past year he has turned one of his fortnightly magazines into a weekly, and one monthly into a fortnightly.
Más definiciones de fortnightlyDefinición de fortnightly en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional