sustantivo(the fourth estate)
- The press; the profession of journalism: copy desks are held together by the bad-news contingent of the fourth estateMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The corporate media, the fourth estate, ‘free press’, or whatever one would like to call it owes the public nothing.
- In many way, this is why I appreciate the fourth estate, the press, or the fifth estate, the web, as it is so important to hear as many voices as possible because sunlight is the best disinfectant.
- But we have only a minute-and-a-half, so let's hurry through the calendar and isolate some examples of no love lost between the White House and the fourth estate.
originally used humorously in various contexts; its first usage with reference to the press has been attributed to Edmund Burke, but this remains unconfirmed.
Más definiciones de fourth estateDefinición de fourth estate en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional