sustantivo(the fourth wall)
1The space that separates a performer or performance from an audience.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- There was literally no the fourth wall in the space where they performed the play.
- Our play interacted with the audience, eliminating the fourth wall.
- The experience is intentionally theatrical, a reminder of the existence of the fourth wall.
1.1The conceptual barrier between any fictional work and its viewers or readers: he breaks the fourth wall by having Sam refer to the script and the play he’s acting in
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Within the first ten seconds of the debut episode of Hustle, the character gives a knowing smirk directly into the fourth wall.
- Willis grinned his way through every episode, often breaking the fourth wall with sarcastic comments for the audience at home.
- For instance, comedians didn't seem to mind breaking the fourth wall by talking straight to the audience.
Originally used of the proscenium opening in a theatre through which the audience sees the action of a play.
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: fourth wall
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda