Definición de fractionate en inglés:
verbo[with object] chiefly technical
1Divide into fractions or components.
- Our fractograms show colloid size distributions with major peaks centered at 50 to 60 nm for samples that were size fractionated immediately following the preconcentration step.
- Sap collection from one same leaf was fractionated into several samples of 15-80 mm volume that were immediately stored at - 80°C for subsequent analyses.
- Two sets of samples were fractionated on 1.0% agarose gels and transferred to nylon membranes.
1.1Separate (a mixture) by fractional distillation.
- Cell debris was removed by centrifugation, and the supernatant was fractionated by ammonium sulfate precipitation.
- In this experiment, mitochondrial proteins were fractionated using a long gel, which allowed the separation of all major mitochondrial proteins.
- The obtained extracts were fractionated by acetone precipitation.
- Example sentences
- Conservative analysis of our systematic fractionation of yeast cytosolic and nuclear extracts resolved 12 chromatographically separable activities.
- The fractionation, separation of active components and clarification of their mechanism of action are currently under investigation.
- This separation creates significant fractionation during the redistribution of the chemical elements between the two liquids.
Definición de fractionate en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia