- A country that borders on an area troubled by a war or other crisis: Germany will no longer be a front-line state with little strategic depthMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The draft-evaders and deserters who had sought refuge in neighbouring Hungary, a Nato front-line state during last year's Kosovo war, are branded traitors and face a court martial and up to 20 years in jail if they return home.
- Turkey today is much more of a front-line state than Germany was, now that NATO is right up on Russia's frontier.
- The enemy is not protected and supplied by major powers such as the Soviet Union or China, not to mention a formidable front-line state such as North Vietnam.
Más definiciones de front-line stateDefinición de front-line state en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional