Definición de front-running en inglés:
1Ahead in a race or other competition.
- The mob heat is off the competition as last year's front-running nominee The Sopranos was out of the running because new episodes didn't show during this year's eligibility period.
- It escalated in the March 2002 race at Bristol, where Busch bumped front-running Spencer out of the way and went on to his first Winston Cup victory.
- When Dole dropped out of the race for the Republican nomination, he joined the front-running campaign of Bush and soon became its press mouthpiece.
1.1(Of an athlete or horse) running best when in front of the field.
- ‘The long stretch can be pretty taxing on a front-running horse,’ winning jockey Robert Landry said.
- I think Santa Anita is going to favor a front-running horse, so that would work against us.
- The fast front-running filly from Yorkshire has galloped into the hearts of punters and racegoers like few Flat racehorses of the modern era, with the exception of the ill-fated Persian Punch, writes Tim Richards.
sustantivoVolver al principio
1 Stock Market The practice by market makers of dealing on advance information provided by their brokers and investment analysts, before their clients have been given the information.
- Such dicey practices as insider trading and front-running have long been rampant in Moscow's bourses.
- Such front-running would boost the funds' costs by driving stock prices up or down before they could adjust their portfolios, the industry argued.
- Mr Killian asked Mr Baker whether he was talking about front-running, which Mr Baker denied.
Definición de front-running en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan