Definición de frowzy en inglés:
adjetivo (frowzier, frowziest)
1Scruffy and neglected in appearance.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The lone exception is basketball, where the uniforms just hang down all unkempt and frowzy.
- In 1905, Elbert Hubbard wrote in the Leavenworth Times of Kansas that ‘The girls at a Fred Harvey place never look dowdy, frowsy, tired, slipshod or overworked.’
- And don't get me started on the frowzy little strips of bunting that many business houses feel so fully demonstrates good corporate citizenship, or the contrived costuming of employees in the same pursuit.
1.1Dingy and stuffy: a frowzy nightclub
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It's wonderful, the amount of litter they manage to accumulate in these frowsy little shops where the whole stock is worth about fifty quid.
- He had seen it lying in the window of a frowsy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town (just what quarter he did not now remember) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it.
Late 17th century (originally dialect): of unknown origin.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The bed was so good that it tended to highlight the frowziness of the chairs and other furniture fittings.
- The question has arisen in other lands, prompted by the conduct and language and the studied physical and moral frowsiness of individuals who have identified themselves with radical movements.
- We got back a week ago quite dismal at having to leave Italy, and are slowly getting used to the frowsiness of our glorious country.
Palabras que riman con frowzyblowsy, Dalhousie, drowsy, housey-housey, lousy
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán