Definición de fucoid en inglés:
A brown seaweed or fossil plant of a group to which bladderwrack belongs.
- Order Fucales, class Phaeophyceae, including genus Fucus
- This suggests a rapid, recent evolution of at least northern hemisphere temperate fucoids.
- It is well known that most fucoids are prevented from establishing on exposed shores by limpet grazing.
- Without grazers to remove them, the faster growing epiphytes could outcompete fucoids by covering all surfaces or at least covering enough surface area to decrease photosynthetic activity of Fucus.
adjetivoVolver al principio
Of, relating to, or resembling a brown seaweed, especially a fucoid.
- Ceratopteris spores, like fucoid zygotes, divide unequally to produce a small rhizoid cell and a larger cell that develops into the thallus.
- In the fucoid zygote, polarization events can be triggered by a range of stimuli, including unidirectional light and fertilization.
- The zygotes of the fucoid brown algae have long been studied by developmental biologists in an effort to understand how cellular polarity arises.
Definición de fucoid en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary