- A form of carbon having a large spheroidal molecule consisting of a hollow cage of atoms, of which buckminsterfullerene was the first known example.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Iijima was investigating a technique used to make carbon molecules called fullerenes, in which dozens of carbon atoms are joined together in hollow cages.
- This newly synthesized molecule is the smallest member of the family of closed-cage carbon molecules known as fullerenes.
- Structural relatives to fullerenes, carbon nanotubes have been the object of theoretical work for the past few years.
late 20th century: contraction of buckminsterfullerene.
Más definiciones de fullereneDefinición de fullerene en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional