Definición de fungicide en inglés:
A chemical that destroys fungus.
- Dust them with a powdered fungicide, such as captan, and spread them in a shady spot to dry for a day.
- The most commonly used pesticides include highly toxic chemicals called fumigants, fungicides and insecticides.
- Common garden seed found in your garden centre is often treated with chemical fungicides and should not be used for sprouting.
- Example sentences
- Most organic fatty acids are fungicidal and have been used for centuries as antimicrobial agents, originally in the manufacture of soaps.
- Potassium chloride also has shown fungicidal properties in turf, wheat and other crops.
- Fungicides have fungicidal activity, that actually kills the fungus, or fungistatic activity, that slows the growth of the fungus to prevent extensive damage.
Pronunciación: /ˌfənjəˈsīdl, ˌfəNGɡə-/adjetivo
Definición de fungicide en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan