Definición de fur seal en inglés:
A gregarious eared seal that frequents the coasts of the Pacific and southern oceans, the male of which is substantially larger than the female. The thick fur on the underside is used commercially as sealskin.
- Two genera in the family Otariidae: the northern fur seal (Callorhinus ursinus) and the southern fur seal (genus Arctocephalus)
- The biggest fight we observed was between a male fur seal and a male penguin.
- It's home to the threatened southern elephant seal, the fur seal, two species of albatross and several species of, yes, penguin.
- I was particularly pleased to have seen some species of wildlife that do not venture as far north as the Falklands, such as the Antarctic fur seal and wandering albatross.
Definición de fur seal en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan