Definición de furca en inglés:
sustantivo (plural furcae /-kī, -sē/)Zoology
1A forked appendage or projection in an arthropod, in particular.
- Both furcae and spines slowly elongate, curving back dorsally where they come in contact with the egg-shell.
- The presence of caudal furcae in the Chengjiang material is certainly an arthropodan character, but the ` fantail’ complex is a uniquely derived feature.
- The species which live in caves or deep in the leaf litter and or the soil tend to be white, have a reduced furca and reduced or no eyes.
1.1An ingrowth of the thorax of many insects.
- The zocac were sorted according to different morphological features such as length of the telson, lateral carapace spines, midlateral spines on the abdomen, and the number of spines on each furca.
- These taxa have traditionally been included with Echinocaris in the subfamily Echinocaridinae based on overall carapace shape, their thin and rodlike furca, and their lack of a posteroventral spine.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'fork'.
- Example sentences
- These include the presence of true, elongate furcal rami bearing spines in Perspicaris.
- Noting the unusual presence of three furcal setae, Vilela mentioned the possibility of setae having been broken off the specimen.
- The fourth nerve is also called the furcal nerve because it contributes to both the lumbar and sacral plexuses.
Definición de furca en:
- Inglés británico e internacional dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia