A series of shots fired or missiles thrown all at the same time or in quick succession: marchers had to dodge a fusillade of missiles figurative a fusillade of accusations
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A deadly fusillade of slaved ACP missiles raced out at the Destroyer's bridge tower.
- A fusillade of cruise missiles had been launched from four US cruisers and a submarine, and a supporting British sub.
- On 26 August 1944 he walked down the Champs Elysées to the acclamation of a vast crowd, and then went on to Notre Dame, where he stood unmoved when a sudden fusillade broke out inside the cathedral.
verbo[with object] archaic
Attack (a place) or shoot down (someone) by a series of shots fired at the same time or in quick succession.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They went into hiding in Katlijk, but where betrayed and fusilladed by the German oppressor.
- Thousands of people were fusilladed without any form of trial.
- Most of the members - including Sam - were sentenced to death and fusilladed in the early morning of 1 July 1443 in the Dunes of Overveen.
Palabras que riman con fusilladeabrade, afraid, aid, aide, ambuscade, arcade, balustrade, barricade, Belgrade, blade, blockade, braid, brigade, brocade, cannonade, carronade, cascade, cavalcade, cockade, colonnade, crusade, dissuade, downgrade, enfilade, esplanade, evade, fade, glade, grade, grenade, grillade, handmade, harlequinade, homemade, invade, jade, lade, laid, lemonade, limeade, made, maid, man-made, marinade, masquerade, newlaid, orangeade, paid, palisade, parade, pasquinade, persuade, pervade, raid, serenade, shade, Sinéad, staid, stockade, stock-in-trade, suede, tailor-made, they'd, tirade, trade, Ubaid, underpaid, undismayed, unplayed, unsprayed, unswayed, upbraid, upgrade, wade
For editors and proofreaders
División en sílabas: fu·sil·lade
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda