(also gaboon mahogany)
A tropical West African hardwood tree valued for its timber. Also called okoume.
- Aucoumea klaineana, family Burseraceae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- While the ITTO study found that loggers target 35 tree species, just two, gaboon mahogany and sapele mahogany, account for over half of all logged timber.
- I'm guessing from Mik's comments and prejudice that really good gaboon works as well as the hoop.
- Gaboon is also called gaboon mahogany because its soft, silky reddish-brown wood is similar in color to mahogany.
early 20th century: from Gaboon (now Gabon).
Definición de gaboon en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional