Definición de gag rule en inglés:
1A regulation or directive that prohibits public discussion of a particular matter, in particular.
- There are court cases out of New York that indicate violations of the Constitution, of the First Amendment with regard to the gag rule and some of the other provisions.
- Since the recent change of administration, the gag rule has been lifted, as have all bans of former programmers and volunteers, and discussions about the future of the network and the station have been conducted on-air with open phones.
- I was in Washington last week to watch the swearing in of the 109th Congress and the gag rule is very much in effect in Congress.
1.1A regulation preventing the staff of government-funded family-planning clinics from offering patients information about abortion.
- Just as the gag rule prohibits staff in federally funded clinics from mentioning abortion, characters in movies cannot use the A word if they don't wish to continue a pregnancy.
- Thus, the abortion gag rule - as objectionable as it might be - might still pass Breyer's test, because it's not putting a monolithic wall between citizens and needed information.
- The battle isn't over the traditionally big issues like access to clinics, gag rules that prohibit doctors from counseling patients about abortion, or the abortion drug RU - 486.
1.2A US government policy preventing US aid to foreign family-planning organizations unless they agree not to promote or perform abortions.
- In the past, US groups, sheltered by the First Amendment, were exempt from such policies as the infamous gag rule that requires overseas NGOs to forswear abortion services and advocacy or lose US aid.
- Some, like the Los Angeles Times, got the facts right from day one, reporting in two front-page stories that the gag rule restricts how foreign groups spend their own money.
- But in the meantime, my TNR column is up - it's about, roughly, why compassionate conservatives should oppose the gag rule and the Mexico City policy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan