- A dish of white meat or fish that is boned, cooked, pressed, and served cold in aspic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Further back still, before developing into the name of a sauce, galantine had meant simply the jellied juices of fish or meat.
- Burgers are easy to make, galantine of chicken rather less so.
- Terrines, galantines, and ballotines are perhaps the most familiar examples of the barding technique in the classical kitchen.
Middle English (in the sense 'sauce for fish'): from Old French, alteration of galatine, from medieval Latin galatina; the current sense dates from the early 18th century.
Más definiciones de galantineDefinición de galantine en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional