- 1A flat round cake of pastry or bread.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Dessert was Suncrest peach galette with mulberry ice cream.
- Judi was more adventurous, with her substantial goat's cheese and asparagus galette benefiting from the addition of a sweet-pepper purée.
- As a cake, a galette is made of flour, sugar, butter, and eggs in infinite variations, or simply of puff pastry.
- 1.1A savory pancake made from potatoes or buckwheat.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The buckwheat pancakes and galettes of Brittany, and the blinis of E. Europe, can also be regarded as forms of griddle bread.
- Because it was very nutritious and cheap, it used to be widely consumed, and people would drink it as a snack, or to accompany a meal of potatoes or buckwheat galettes.
- Unmold and serve the galettes warm, as a side to game or roasted meat, or as the centerpiece of a salad.
French, from Old French galet 'pebble'.
Más definiciones de galetteDefinición de galette en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional