A small winged insect of antlike appearance. The female lays its egg in plant tissue, which swells to form a gall when the larva hatches.
- Superfamily Cynipoidea, order Hymenoptera: several genera
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He immerses himself in the study of the gall wasp, whose North American varieties were almost completely unresearched.
- His specialty was the physiology of the gall wasp.
- He attended Harvard and received a Doctor of Science degree in taxonomy, and he devoted no less than 20 years of his life to researching the gall wasp.
Definición de gall wasp en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional