- A small winged insect of antlike appearance. The female lays its egg in plant tissue, which swells to form a gall when the larva hatches.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Superfamily Cynipoidea, order Hymenoptera: several genera
- He immerses himself in the study of the gall wasp, whose North American varieties were almost completely unresearched.
- His specialty was the physiology of the gall wasp.
- He attended Harvard and received a Doctor of Science degree in taxonomy, and he devoted no less than 20 years of his life to researching the gall wasp.
Más definiciones de gall waspDefinición de gall wasp en:
- el diccionario Inglés británico e internacional